Here at BIM, our goal is for all of our clients to Go Beyond Better! Helping people successfully recover from an injury is something that we are not only passionate about but is an area that all of our kinesiologists are trained and experienced in. We often deal with sports related injuries but another program that we offer is active rehabilitation for those who have suffered an injury as a result of a car accident.
What is Active Rehabilitation?
Active rehabilitation refers to an exercise program that specifically addresses injury and includes the following components:
- A detailed assessment including a postural screen, tests for muscle imbalances, as well as a Functional Movement ScreenTM
- A corrective exercise program that will specifically address postural imbalances, core stability, and other muscle imbalances that are observed during your assessment
- Proper strength training protocols that are progressively managed
- Our exercises programs are one-to-one to ensure that all exercises are completed correctly and proper measures are taken to avoid irritating current injuries or symptoms
- By the end of our programs, we ensure that we have helped our clients restore stability, mobility, build strength and endurance, and give them an independent exercise program to continue with for a lasting recovery.
- Our ultimate goal is to help our clients successfully return to their pre-injury lifestyle
Who Is A Good Candidate?
- Do you have lingering pain and weakness from a car accident?
- Are you frustrated with injuries and every time you try to exercise you end up in more pain?
- Not sure which exercises are right for you or if you are completing them correctly?
- Confused or frustrated with treatment options that aren’t working?
If you are looking for a program that will build strength, correct your imbalances, and help you return to your pre-injury life style, then our active rehabilitation program is right for you.
In order for clients to respond well to active rehabilitation, they should be far enough along in their recovery process that they are no longer experiencing acute pain.
What Do You Need To Get Started?
To participate in our post-MVA active rehabilitation program, clients need to bring a note from their general practitioner to their initial assessment referring them to “kinesiology” or for “an active rehabilitation program”. After the assessment is competed we will contact ICBC directly to see if program funding is available for your recovery. Upon approval we are able bill ICBC directly for the cost of the program.
What makes our programs different from other active rehab programs?
- We contact each all supporting practitioners and therapists (physiotherapists, chiropractors, RMT’s, etc) regarding contraindications and recommendations
- Independent exercise programs that are progressed weekly
- Detailed documentation of all sessions for legal purposes
- Private facility for training
- We have over 6 years of experience in active rehab programs
- We bill ICBC directly to make it easier for our clients
- Will facilitate return to work programs
What Do People Say About Our Programs?
“Over the past year, Balance In Motion has helped me regain strength that I have lost due to my chronic pain condition. My kinesiologist regularly assesses and modifies my program to meet my current abilities and goals. I appreciate the support when I have setbacks and enthusiasm when I succeed. We have been able to shift from rehabilitation of my upper back to focus on strength training of my whole body.”
– Karen H.
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in 2010 in which I suffered various soft tissue injuries. I started coming to Balance In Motion two years later as my doctor recommended further active rehabilitation sessions as part of my treatment. I have been very impressed with Balance In Motion’s professionalism and expertise. Training there has been a great experience and my condition improved as a result of my sessions. My kinesiologist has been a valuable source of support and encouragement while the exercise techniques and has taught me have contributed significantly to my recovery. I highly recommend Balance In Motion for anyone requiring active rehabilitation treatments.”
– Jasmina J.
“After a car accident left me with soft tissue damage causing enough pain that I could no longer work, it was clear that I needed to seek rehabilitation help from a professional. Andrea Lawson from Balance in Motion is a very thorough trainer who takes the time to enquire how her client is feeling with every appointment and alters exercises in order to aid in recovery. Andrea is extremely knowledgeable with injuries; her expertise will make you confident and trust that she knows what form of exercise is best for you. On days that I struggle she is a great motivator and an incredible support system. Without her ongoing care and dedication I would not have recovered to the point where I am now. I continue to see Andrea on a weekly basis not for rehabilitation but because she is a fantastic trainer who comes up with new and diverse exercise routines.”
– Courtney Neish
Contact us for more info today!