Store-bought salsa often has added sugar and extra ingredients that you can’t pronounce. Who wants that? This flexible recipe helps you get all the flavour without the filler. Serve with baked chips, in place of salad dressing or over your morning omelette!
Grilled Summer Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: Approx. 12 people
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 5 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 large purple onion
- 2 fresh jalapeños
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 limes
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 5 green onions
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat outdoor grill to medium high
- Quarter tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, 1 lime and place in grill basket (if you don’t have a grill basket, exclude grilling garlic and place directly on grill)
- Grill ingredients, turning frequently, making sure veggies heat through and have a light char.
- Remove from grill and empty contents into blender (take out the lime and squeeze juice in blender). Pulse on low 5-6 times.
- Add fresh green onion, cilantro and juice of one lime. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse blender until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve warm or chill in fridge and serve cold.